ABOUT THE RECIPE
The Beef and Prune Tagine is a classic sweet and savory Moroccan dish composed as the name indicates of two layers: a meat layer and a prune layer.
The meat layer, which is the savory layer, can be made with either beef or lamb, cooked in an aromatic base of onions, garlic, and spices.
The second layer, which is the sweet layer, is made with dried prunes, which are caramelized with honey, sugar, butter, and cinnamon, before being added on top of the tender meat stew.
Special tools / ingredients: All ingredients are easily available in supermarkets or online stores.
You can also find all the essentials of Moroccan cuisine in the Flavors of Morocco Amazon store.
You do not need special tools or dishes to prepare this recipe.
ABOUT THE COURSE
> DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Medium
- Moroccan Beef and Prune Tagine detailed video tutorial
- A PDF document with exact measurements and detailed steps of the recipe
- Moroccan Bread (Khobz) detailed video tutorial
- How to prepare Moroccan Style Fried Almonds
- A PDF document with exact measurements and detailed steps for each of the above recipes
- The course video is provided with English voice over and subtitles as well as Original Audio in Moroccan dialect with English subtitles
- Bonus videos are provided with English voice over and subtitles
- PDF documents are in English
ABOUT THE CHEF
Dada (Chef) Siham is a professional Moroccan chef with over three decades of experience under her belt. She is a true walking archive of Moroccan culinary knowledge and history.
Chef Siham learned to cook from her grandmother, who encouraged her to attend the best culinary institute in Morocco.
After graduating, she worked as a chef at multiple renown institutions before starting her own business. She has now been running a major catering service in Fez for over 2 decades, supplying weddings, baptisms and other special occasions with authentic Moroccan dishes.